Career Counseling Queries
Subject: After BAMS
| Question: Sir/madam
now i am in last year of BAMS
sir i want to know abaut after BAMS...any Cardic or Neurologist..PG available in India or Any other country...as my information abaut 31 types of PG available For BAMS but i hardly know abaut only 11 to 12 PG's ..please sir can you post here more PG courses...Thank Yuo..waiting For Reply
| Answer: The Post graduate programmes are conducted by many recognised institutions and has a duration of 3 years leading to degrees of Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda (M.D. (Ayu)) and Master of Surgery in Ayurveda (M.S. (Ayu)).
Post-graduate programs is structured into 16 branches leading to a Doctorate in Ayurveda. The 16 branches are:
- Ayurvedic Sidhanta (Fundamental Principals of Ayurveda)
- Ayurved Samhita ( Treatise of Ayurveda)
- Rachna Sharira ( Anatomy)
- Kriya Sharira (Physiology)
- Dravya Guna Vigyan ( Materia Medica & Pharmacology)
- Ras- ShastraBhaishajya Kalpana ( Pharmaceuticals)
- Kumar Bharitya ( Paediatrics)
- Prasuti Tantra (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- Swasth Vrita (Social of Preventive Medicine)
- Kayachikitsa (Internal Medicine
- Rog Nidan ( Pathology,)
- Shalya Tantra ( Surgery)
- Shalkya Tantra ( Eye & ENT )
- Mano Roga ( Psychiatry)
- Panchkarma (Detoxification of body).
Some centers also award Post graduate diploma to ayurveda doctors after BAMS in Herbology, panchakarma and several other streams. One can go for PhD just after BAMS or after MD. PhD is also a three year program.
All the best