Azim Premji Foundation
Career opportunities for people with the
mind and heart for social change
Azim Premji Schools
Azim Premji Foundation is in the process of setting up schools in every district in India to impart high quality education consistent with the Right to Education Act and goals of the National Policy on Education.
Our schools will:
- Server students between the ages of 3 and 18 years (Pre-School to Class 12)
- Follow appropriate curriculum to further the goals enshrined in the Constitution of India
- Encourage conceptual understanding, creativity and collaboration
- Be located in areas which are inadequately served
We are looking for Principals and Teachers with professional competence, high energy and social commitment.
The key responsibility will be to lead the school with a culture and practice that are aimed at achieving the holistic goals of education.
Applicants must have
- At least 5 years leadership experience in a progressive school plus five years of teaching experience
- Masters degree in any subject and a teaching degree (D.Ed., B.Ed., B.EI. Ed. Or equivalent)
- A strong belief that education contributes to social change
- Excellent people, leadership and community interaction skills.
The key responsibility is to facilitate the development of children with diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities through participative classroom processes.
Applicants must have
- Teaching qualifications (D.Ed., B.Ed., B.EI. Ed., NTT, BTC or equivalent)
- Keen Interest in the development of children
- At least 2 years teaching experience
- The ability to teach in the local language of instruction
Salary for both the above positions will be commensurate with experience, background and competence and will be consistent with applicable norms.
The current locations are at: Yadgir & Koppal (Karnataka); Dhamtari (Chhattisgarh): Uddhamsinghnagar & Uttarkashi (Uttarakhand); Sirohi & Tonk (Rajasthan).
Azim Premji Foundation has the vision to 'facilitate a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society' We believe that education is a powerful vehicle for social change. For more details, please visit: www.azimpremjifoundation.org
Please send your resume (including contact/ mobile number and postal address) by October 31, 2011 or post it to:
The HR Coordinator,
Azim Premji Foundation,
Next to Wipro Corporate Office,
Sarjapur Road, Bangalore - 560035.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for written tests and interviews.
Job Ad publication date: 19 Oct 2011
Disclaimer: Job Advertisements on CareerAge.com are sourced from various employers and media. CareerAge.com makes no warranties about the Advertiser's authenticity, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics and links. The Job Advertisements do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. The individual would have to conduct his/her own background checks on the bonafide nature of the Advertisers as well as the Job Advertisements, and must exercise utmost caution before getting into any kind of monetary transactions/agreements with the Advertisers. CareerAge.com shall not be liable in the event of any monetary/financial loss or any other loss incurred/suffered by the individual on account of his/her own decision in this regard.