Sultanate of Oman
Ministry of Health
Applications are invited from the following doctors specialized in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, (Female Doctors only), and anaesthesia:
- Requirements: M.B.B.S + 2 yrs experience + Post Graduate Degree, (MS/MD/DNB or Equivalent) in the relevant field + 3-4 years experience depending on qualification & speciality
- Salary: R.O. 970/- + R.O. 140/- special allowance + R.O. 50/- Misc Allowance per month. Annual increment R.0. 40/-
Junior Specialist Doctors
- Requirements: M.B.B.S. or equivalent + 2 years experience + Postgraduate Diploma or Equivalent in the relevant field.
- Salary: R.O. 550/- + 12.5% of basic salary per month as professional allowance. + R.O. 60/- Misc Allowance. Annual increment R.O. 12/-
- Requirements: M.B.B.S. + 2 years experience. Post Graduation Qualification (Such as Part 1 of a Membership) is an asset.
- Salary: R.O. 425/- + 12.5% of basic salary per month as professional allowance + R.O. 60/- Misc Allowance. Annual increment R.O. 10/-
Note: (A) MS/MD should be of 3 years residency training programme (If obtained without residency training programme, candidate should have more experience in the speciality after post graduate degree. Additional qualifications will be an asset in all posts. (B) Diploma required in post (2) above should not be less than 9 months duration.
Contracts: Family Contract. Contracts are for one year and are renewed annually, it agreeable to both parties.
Benefits include provision of: Accommodation or allowance in lieu with hard furnishings including air conditioners, water, electricity allowances. Certain posting places have either of these facilities provided free. Transport allowances, Air-tickets at initial appointment and on final exit. 75 percent of the cost of these tickets are given once during the contractual year for annual leave travel. These tickets cost are business class for post No.1 and economy class for posts Nos.2 & 3 and will also be provided to spouse and children upto age of 21 years. Annual leave 48 days for all posts. Medical treatment within the Sultanate according to prevailing regulations.
Candidates will be required to serve anywhere within the Sultanate of Oman. Placement cannot be guaranteed in advance.
Please apply by providing names and addresses of 3 referees, a detailed CV inclusive of full postal address, telephone/ mobile numbers, email address, date of completion of professional qualifications & copies of professional and experience certificates with testimonials & clear copy of passport and 2 recent passport size photographs be sent within 4 weeks of the publication of this advertisement, (Indicating Clearly The Post Applied For on the Envelope) to:
Directorate General of Health Affairs Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 393, Postal Code: 100, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Job Ad publication date: 24 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: Job Advertisements on CareerAge.com are sourced from various employers and media. CareerAge.com makes no warranties about the Advertiser's authenticity, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics and links. The Job Advertisements do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. The individual would have to conduct his/her own background checks on the bonafide nature of the Advertisers as well as the Job Advertisements, and must exercise utmost caution before getting into any kind of monetary transactions/agreements with the Advertisers. CareerAge.com shall not be liable in the event of any monetary/financial loss or any other loss incurred/suffered by the individual on account of his/her own decision in this regard.