Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) is a global leader in outbound, door-to-door finished vehicle logistics. The company employs 3500 employees globally and operates a global ocean and land based network of highly effective entities responsible for 4.3 million movements of autos and rolling equipment. WWL Global HQ is based in Oslo, Norway and Regional HQ are based in Tokyo, Sydney, New Jersey and Stockholm.
WWL has a subsidiary in India and is looking for following experienced Candidate to be based in Chennai.
- General Manager, Business Development, WWL India
This role will develop and drive WWL India's business development and sales across all the WWL products to gain a significant share of the Area's significant Project import and car export trade and further growth the overall business and profitability. The position requires a mature individual with good commercial experience, strong leadership skills, excellent negotiation and communication skills and solid industry experience.
This Role will require travel across SAARC Countries.
Professional Responsibilities and Authority:
- Area sales and marketing strategy supporting the execution of the Long Term Strategy (LTS).
- Deliver on Business Plan Initiatives and develop business opportunities across WWL's five products.
- Deliver on revenue and profitability as defined in the annual budget and business plan.
- Ensure the proposal development/ tender response and profitability assessment is in close co-operation with Global and Regional teams.
- Lead and build appropriate competence and structure in the Commercial team.
A successful applicant for this role possesses the following:
- Tertiary or Post-Graduate education.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more of global Finished Vehicle Logistics, Automotive, High & Heavy and NCC markets and global competitors.
- Good working knowledge of the Asia logistics market and its major industry participants.
- Proven experience in Sales and Commercial Contract negotiations with relevant experience in Ocean transportation and / or Outbound Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Planning skills and the ability to define measure and track key performance indicators.
- Good understanding of team dynamics, and ability to develop teams and individuals from a multitude of cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Logistics & Operations Manager
We require a Logistics and Operations Manager at our Operations in a position for which you must possess a degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Industrial Engineering with the following experience:
- Production Planning & Scheduling for Heavy Industrial Equipment
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and tools
- Booking / planning of Export Logistics and Warehouse management
- SAP & ERP Systems.
Job Location: Chennai, India
Last day for application: 12.09.2011
Contact Person: Gur Prasad Kohli
Job Ad publication date: 31 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: Job Advertisements on CareerAge.com are sourced from various employers and media. CareerAge.com makes no warranties about the Advertiser's authenticity, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics and links. The Job Advertisements do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. The individual would have to conduct his/her own background checks on the bonafide nature of the Advertisers as well as the Job Advertisements, and must exercise utmost caution before getting into any kind of monetary transactions/agreements with the Advertisers. CareerAge.com shall not be liable in the event of any monetary/financial loss or any other loss incurred/suffered by the individual on account of his/her own decision in this regard.