Consulting Property Maritime Transportation
Water & Utilities
Project Managers, Lead Design Engineers, Resident Engineers
Halcrow specialities in the provision of planning, design and management services for infrastructure development worldwide. We're working on water, transportation, maritime and property development commissions in over 70 countries.
For a long time our teams in Dubai and Doha (the Middle East) has worked on major infrastructure projects throughout the region, where we have an unrivalled track record.
As we continue to expand, we're looking for senior and middle-level engineers, preferably chartered with experience in project management, detailed design and site supervision on large infrastructure projects, in the following sectors:
- Air transportation - pavements, taxiways and aprons, hangars, terminal buildings, with experience in AutoTurn and MX software.
- Highways - pavements, horizontal and vertical alignment, with experience of UK and USA standards and MX software.
- Bridges - composite steel, post-tensioned, reinforced concrete box, girder and cable-stayed bridge design and cut-and-cover tunnel design.
- Materials and asset management engineering - material inspection, quality control, repairs, maintenance and rehabilitation, corrosion control, condition surveys, failure investigations, durability modelling, life-cycle costing and cathodic protection.
- Geotechnical - ground investigations geotechnical design and related software.
- Marine - ports planning, design of container terminals, marine structures, jetties, quay walls, infrastructure and pavements.
- Coastal - numeric modeling, coastal processes, design shore protection, beaches, revetments and breakwaters.
- Water and utilities - foul drainage, storm drainage, outfolds and intakes, water distribution, irrigation systems, water pipelines, pump stations, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Power Engineering - EHV & MV transmission and distribution network, primary substation and switch gear design.
- District Cooling - main chiller plant design, mechanical and electrical cooling water pipe network design.
- Lighting - decorative and road lighting - design for architecture, feature, exterior landscaping and road lighting design engineering.
- Building structures - high-rise buildings, long-span structures and underground structures, with experience in ETABs, PROKON and STAAD software.
- Building services - heating ventilation and air conditioning, and mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering for large commercial buildings, with experience in HEVACOMP, AMTECH, E20 and AUTOCAD software.
- Quantity surveying - bills of quantity, valuations and variations.
- Contract management - contract formulation, customisation of standard contracts and contractual issues and interpretations.
- Town planning and urban design - structure plans, master planning, townscape studies and policy planning, with experience in InDesign software.
- Geomatics and geographical information systems - land surveys, road surveys and hydrographical surveys, with experience in geographical positioning systems (GPS), HYPACK and Total Station software.
- CAD - structural, architectural, reinforced concrete detailing, bar bending schedules, highways, mechanical and electrical draughtsman and two and three-dimensional modelling, with experience in Micro station, Autocad and graphics software.
- Human Resources - employee relations, recruitment, compensation and benefits and HR operations. Preferably with engineering/ business management background and experience with large organisations.
- Document controllers or project secretaries
Working with or leading project teams in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment, you'll face challenging targets. You must have organisational skills and be able to maintain good client relationships. Knowledge of the latest design and project management software is essential.
We invest in all our staff, ensuring a career with Halcrow is as rewarding for you as it is for the company. In addition to excellent career prospects, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive range of employee benefits.
Dubai and other cities in the region offer a cosmopolitan outlook, excellent schooling and a variety of entertainment.
Send a detailed CV and covering letter, stating your location preferences, to
P.O. Box 360,
United Arab Emirates
Fax: +971 4 337 9239 for employment opportunities at the Middle East or
For more information and to learn about other opportunities visit: www.halcrow.com
committed to equal opportunities.
Job Ad publication date: 21 Dec 2005
Disclaimer: Job Advertisements on CareerAge.com are sourced from various employers and media. CareerAge.com makes no warranties about the Advertiser's authenticity, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics and links. The Job Advertisements do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. The individual would have to conduct his/her own background checks on the bonafide nature of the Advertisers as well as the Job Advertisements, and must exercise utmost caution before getting into any kind of monetary transactions/agreements with the Advertisers. CareerAge.com shall not be liable in the event of any monetary/financial loss or any other loss incurred/suffered by the individual on account of his/her own decision in this regard.