Royal Army of Oman
The Armed Forces Hospital is a modern referral hospital for the Ministry of Defence with 170 bed, located in Capital Area of Sultanate of Oman. The following vacancies are required in our hospitals:
- Orthodontic Specialist (Civilian Grade - 05 Eqvt to Captain): Candidate must have a BDS or equivalent degree and advanced education in Orthodontics from an accredited source. Prossession of M Ortho RCS or equivalent is desirable. 5 years minimum of experience is required. Age not more than 40 years. (Male only).
- Registrar in Gynae/Obst (Civilian Grade 04 Eqvt to Major): Candidate should have a minimum of 4 years post MRCOG diploma or 8 years post MD qualification. Experience from a large referral hospital is essential. Age not more than 40 years (Female only).
- Registrar in General Surgery (Civilian Grade-04 Eqvt to Major): Candidate should have FRCS or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a large referral hospital. A wide experience in Endoscopy & Laparascopic Surgery is essential. Teaching experience in major hospital is expected. Age not more than 40 (Male only).
- Registrar Orthopaedic Surgeon (Civilian Grade - 04 Eqvt to Major): Candidate should have minimum 7 years post MS (Ortho) Experience from large referral hospital. Age not more than 45 years (Male only).
- Registrar in Anaesthesiology (Civilian Grade - 04 Eqvt to Major): Candidate should have MD Anaesthesiology with minimum of 5 years post graduate experience from large referral hospital. Age not more 45 years (Male only).
- SHO Orthopaedics Surgeon (Civilian Grade - 05 Eqvt to Captain): Candidate should have MS with 3 years experience in a large referral hospital. Age not more than 40 years (Male only).
- General Duty Medical Officer (Civilian Grade - 05 Eqvt to Captain): Candidate should be MBBS with 5 years post registration experience in a large multi disciplinary practice. Ex-Short Service Commissioned doctors are preferred age not more than 35 years (Male only)
- Medical Officers for Accident and Emergency Dept (Civilian Grade - 05 Eqvt to Captain): MBBS and PG qualification in A & E Medicine/General Medicine/General Surgery with a minimum of 5 years experience in Accident & Emergency Department in a large referral hospital. Age not more than 40 years.
- Registered Midwives (Civilian Grade - 06 Eqvt to Lieutenant): Bsc. nurses with a recognized Midwifery Certificate. Must have at least 7 years of current labour ward experience as Midwives in reputed hospital. Age not more than 45 (Female only).
- RGN/RM Special Care Baby Unit (Civilian Grade - 06 Eqvt to Lieutenant): Bsc Nurses/Midwives preferably with a recognized Neonatal Intensive Care Certificate and/or 7 years post graduate experience in this speciality or reputed hospital. Age not more than 45 years (Female only).
- Specialized Officers (Civilian Grade - 06 Eqvt Lieutenant): Registered general nurses (Females) with recognized certificates in specialities such as ICU, Operating Theatre Nurse, Accident & Emergency, Paediatrics, and Orthopaedics and or at least 7 years experience in these specialities at reputed hospital. Age not more than 45 (Female only).
- Physiotherapist/ Occupational Therapist (Civilian Grade - 11 Eqvt to S/SGT): Candidate should have Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy/ Occupational therapy with Minimum 5-6 years work experience preferably in the following specialization.
* Physiotherapist: a) Orthopaedic, b) Neurology (Adult), c) Neurology/Paediatrics, d) Sports Injury * Occupational Therapist: a) Expert in splinting, b) Orthopaedic, c) Neurology (Adult), d) Neurology (Paediatrics)
Laboratory Technician (Civilian Grade - 11 Eqvt to S/SGT): Candidate should be Bsc in Medical Laboratory Technology. Minimum work experience of 5 years in a recognized multi-disciplinary laboratory and should be familiar with Automation and Laboratory information system Fluent in English both speaking and writing required. Age not more than 35 years.
ECG Technician (Civilian Grade - 11 Eqvt S/SGT): Candidate should be a Degree holder with ECG Qualification. Minimum 5 years experience in ECG Routing testing. Tread mill and Holler monitoring in a recognized institution. Candidate with military background will be given Priority. Age not more than 45 years (Male only).
Operating Theatre Technician (Civilian Grade - 11 Eqvt to S/SGT): Candidate should be a diploma holder in OH with 5 years post qualification experience. Experience in a large referral hospital is essential. EX- Military personnel is preferred. Age not more than 45 years.
Registrar in Urology (Grade - 4): Candidate should have FRCS or M.Ch Urology equivalent diploma with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in large referral hospital. The Urology department is equipped with a lithotripter and comprehensive endo-urological facilities. Age below 45 years.
SHO Medicine (Grade - 5): Candidate should have MBBS with post graduate qualification in General Medicine. 3 years of postgraduate experience from major referral hospital is essential. Age below 45.
SHO Paediatrics (Grade - 5): Candidate should have MBBS with post graduate qualification in Paediatric. 3 years of post graduate experience from major referral hospital is essential. Age below 45.
Dental Hygienist (Grade - 12 Eqvt to Sgt): Candidate must have diploma in this specialty and have at least 5 years experience. Preference will be given to those having Military background. However, competent, well qualified civilians are welcome to apply. Age below 45 years.
Terms and Conditions:
Contract Period: Unaccompanied contact for an initial period of one year, renewable thereafter by mutual agreement for one year at a time.
Gde-04 R.O. 972/-
Gde-05 R.O. 817/-
Gde-06 R.O. 370/-
Gde-11 R.O. 220/-
Gde-12 R.O. 200/- (Per month)
Gde-04 and Gde-05 R.0. 25/-
Gde-06 R.O. 15/-
Gde-11 R.O. 5/-
Gde-12 R.O. 4/-(Per annum for 5 years)
Gde-04 and 05 R.O. 90/-
Gde-06 R.O. 60/-(Per month)
Service Gratuity: One month basic salary payable at the end of each contract period pay, allowance and gratuity are 100% tax free and fully remittable.
Annual Leave: 60 days with two return flight for Gde-04, 05, 06 and 36 days with one return flight for Gde-11 & Gde-12
Accommodation: Single accommodation.
Medical Facilities: Free Medical and dental treatment for self within Oman.
Family Joining: Unaccompanied status. Resident visa for family possible. After 3 months.
Please send your application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating career history, practical experience and qualifications along with 2 x passport size photograph to:
The Defence Liaison Officer
Consulate General of the Sultanate of Oman
Maker Chamber IV, 11th Flr.,
Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400021.
Job Ad publication date: 16 Aug 2006
Disclaimer: Job Advertisements on CareerAge.com are sourced from various employers and media. CareerAge.com makes no warranties about the Advertiser's authenticity, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics and links. The Job Advertisements do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. The individual would have to conduct his/her own background checks on the bonafide nature of the Advertisers as well as the Job Advertisements, and must exercise utmost caution before getting into any kind of monetary transactions/agreements with the Advertisers. CareerAge.com shall not be liable in the event of any monetary/financial loss or any other loss incurred/suffered by the individual on account of his/her own decision in this regard.